The Pro controllers aren’t just full-sized wireless bluetooth game controllers – they were designed with respect for the classics. We paid extra attention to the most critical characteristics like the D-PAD, to make sure it feels exactly like you remember it. 8BitDo controllers are designed to be as versatile as possible with each of your modern devices. Easily pair your controller as an X-input or D-input device via bluetooth. And you can even use it as a wired USB controller with the included USB cable.
Turn your Pro controller into a dedicated mobile game system.*
Frequently Asked Questions about the N30 Pro2.
- The differences are:
- A. Shoulder button physical layout
- SN30 Pro – two level placement for R1/R2 and L1/L2.
- N30 Pro 2 – one level placement for R1/R2 and L1/L2.
- B. LED indicators
- SN30 Pro – four small LED lights placed on the bottom of the controller.
- N30 Pro 2 – two long narrow curved lights on the sides.
- C. Motor and thumb stick cap size
- SN30 Pro – eccentric shaft gear motor and 17mm diameter thumb stick cap.
- N30 Pro 2 – Linear vibration motor and 11mm diameter thumb stick cap.
- When connected to Switch, you can find on this controller:
- A. Screenshot = STAR button
- B. Home button = Logo button
- Turbo and NFC functions are not applicable here.
- When connected to other devices, you can find on this controller:
- A. STAR button = Turbo button
- No, you can not wake up your Switch wirelessly with this controller.
- It works with Switch, Windows, macOS, Android, Raspberry Pi as well as all the devices our retro receivers/adapters support.
- It does auto reconnect to all the systems mentioned above with the press of START once they have been successfully paired.
- No, it does not.
- Just follow the procedure as below:
- A. Press and hold Y+START to turn on the controller
- B. Press and hold pairing button located at the bottom of the controller for 3 seconds to pair them
- C. Find ‘Switch Pro support’ & ‘Nintendo button mapping’ and click on them
- They are controller mode indicators:
- A. When they blink once: D-input mode
- B. When they blink twice: X-input mode (Xbox 360 mode)
- C. When they blink 3 times: macOS mode
- D. When they blink rapidly: Switch mode or pairing mode
- E. Solid LEDs: connection is successful
- We suggest you charge it via a phone power adapter.
- The controller uses 480mAh rechargeable battery with 1-2 hour charging time. The battery can last up to 18 hours when fully charged.
- Yes, you can. You can connect it to Switch, Windows, Android, Raspberry Pi and macOS.
- Yes, they function as L3 and R3 when they are pressed down vertically.
- 10 meters. This controller functions the best within the range of 5 meters.
- This might be caused by there are too many controllers connected to your Switch, as one Switch can take up to 10 controllers at a time maximum. Please follow the steps below to fix it:
- A. Go to ‘System Setting’ on your Switch, then click on ‘Controllers and Sensors’ to disconnect the controllers which are connected to it
- B. Restart your Switch
- C. Press and hold Y+START to turn back on the controller. Press the pairing button on the bottom of the controller for 3 seconds
- D. Go back to ‘System Settings’ and choose ‘Change Grip/Order’ to pair them
- It uses a normal rumble, not HD rumble. Use L1+R1+SELECT key combination to turn on/off its vibration.
- It depends on the number of controllers each device can take. MultipleN30 Pro2 controllers can be used at a time.